Warning: set_magic_quotes_runtime() [function.set-magic-quotes-runtime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/ctdias/public_html/diasexmachina.com/Forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ctdias/public_html/diasexmachina.com/Forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Dias Ex Machina Games • View topic - Hearts of Chaos - Errata

Dias Ex Machina Games

"Quality Unbound"
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hearts of Chaos - Errata
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

The Iron Son Grenadier/Sergeant "Linked Targeting" should read:

Linked Targeting

When the iron sons grenadier hits a target with an Assault Rifle attack,
One other Iron Son may make one ranged basic attack against the same target as an immediate reaction.

Iron Son Seargeant's Good Timing

The ability reads
Good Timing (immediate reaction, if an iron son cannot attack that round due to their Bad Timing ability)
The sergeant makes a ranged basic attack.

This means on the round the Iron Sons is unable to make an attack, not the round in which he misses.

Combat Posture clarification
On your next action, regardless of when that is. I understand the confusion. It should read, "on your next attack power activation."

Area Denial clarification

As a move action, you select a burst 1 area. That area is set. If a single target enters this area, you can use an immediate interrupt to initiate a ranged basic attack. You only get one immediate action. You choose an area in order to increase the chances of making this single attack. Because you only get one immediate action, the power is used up when you make that attack.

From the Knee clarification
If you want to use From The Knee, you cannot move at any point during that round, before or after.

Round/Turn
When we mention "next round", we really mean "next turn."

Risen Pagus
Brutal Slam
Instead of inflicting damage with a basic melee attack, a Risen Pagus may push the target back two squares and knock it prone.

Final words: There may be more and we will address them as they come in. I want to add that the rulebook was finished AFTER the free module and nearly every one of these issues have been expanded and clarified in the main book. I imagine people will have questions about how the classes really are. (Why do some classes have six at-will while others have five?). All these answers are in the main book. Or you can ask here, and I will answer. I know most companies just lay it out there, but I want you guys to know I do read and understand your thoughts and I want to make the game you want to read....and buy....

“I despise stallions. I ride them as I ride an ugly noble women--smiles for appearances and politics only. Stallions. All personality with no depth. They prance like ponies and trot with arrogance. I always say, respect your mules most of all. A stallion may lead with the king and gather the eyes, but a mule will follow behind…and carry your kingdom.”
Tsarevick Kazaan
Amethyst D20
http://www.diasexmachina.com

Post subject: Re: Hearts of Chaos - Errata
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

One more errata you won't notice but I did. At first, I didn't bother mentioning it but I realize how important it can be in groups that employ the Marshal. Basically, every techan class selects one of his/her at-will ranged powers to become his/her basic ranged attack. This obviously makes the Marshal a lot more effective. Although I would indicate which ones, I suggest each player select on at-will to be their RBA. This remains for as long as that player controls that character.

“I despise stallions. I ride them as I ride an ugly noble women--smiles for appearances and politics only. Stallions. All personality with no depth. They prance like ponies and trot with arrogance. I always say, respect your mules most of all. A stallion may lead with the king and gather the eyes, but a mule will follow behind…and carry your kingdom.”
Tsarevick Kazaan
Amethyst D20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

In the HOC Download package, it lists the Marshal's Force it back ability. Ignore the line dealing with its "burst" and "range"
This is the actual power from the book.

Force it Back (standard,; daily) * Weapon
You and one ally in line of sight each make a ranged basic attack. With every hit, you can slide the target one square.

Tsarevick Kazaan
Amethyst D20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:29 am 

I couldn't spot it anywhere, but how many grenades do each of the gropo's carry?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it is listed. Look at "Consumable". They say "consumable 2". The "2" is how many you get.

Tsarevick Kazaan
Amethyst D20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:25 am 

Thanks (well it would be obvious wouldn't it). Are any more carried on the vehicle, to be replenished between encounters?

Incidentally, I posted a review (of the free RPG Day module) which can be found here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... idt=151740

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

There are no extra. It's what you have on you. You can always swap between you, if you so desire.

By the way, thanks for the review... Well worded.

Tsarevick Kazaan
Amethyst D20